Re: Ambiguous columns

От Jeffrey Melloy
Тема Re: Ambiguous columns
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Steve Tucknott wrote:

>If I have two tables(taba, tabb) with the same column (column1) name and
>try to do:
>
>SELECT taba.column1 AS column1,tabb.column2 AS column2
>    FROM taba AS a
>         JOIN tabb AS b
>         ON  taba.indexCol = tabb.indexCol
>GROUP BY column1
>
>It tells me that column1 is ambiguous. Is that to be expected? I can
>semi see why - but I thought you could only only group on selected
>fields, and the only 'selected' column1 is that from taba. Minor issue,
>with easy work around.

Oracle has a fun bug in this case when it picks which table/column to do
the group by on randomly.  Or it uses some kind of crazy psychic power
to determine which table you DON'T mean, and use that.

Jeff

От: "David"
Сообщение: Backups - WAL archiving. problem understanding documentation
От: "Mike Fahrenkrog"
Сообщение: Batch Scripting of DB Objects to Separate Files