Re: Create connection with Oracle database from Postgres plpgsql

От Bricklen Anderson
Тема Re: Create connection with Oracle database from Postgres plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dinesh Pandey wrote:
> How can we create connection with Oracle database from Postgres plpgsql
> function and execute some oracle stored procedure?
>
> Thanks
> Dinesh
You can use perl DBI to access Oracle, providing you have DBI and the plperlu
language installed.

Sample code that may help you get started (lookout for typos):

create or replace function connect_ora() returns void as $$
use DBI;
&main;
sub main { my $query="select 1 from dual"; my $dbh=openDatabase(); if ($dbh==0) { return; } my $sth = $dbh->prepare(
$query,{ora_check_sql => 0} ) || elog NOTICE, "Can't

prepare SQL statement: $DBI::errstr\n"; $sth->execute() || elog ERROR, "Cant execute SQL statement: $DBI::errstr\n"; my
$array_ref= $sth->fetchall_arrayref(); $sth->finish(); $dbh->disconnect() || elog WARNING, "Disconnection from db
failed\n";RETURN;

}
sub openDatabase {   $dbh =
|| elog ERROR, $DBI::errstr;   $dbh->{RowCacheSize} = 100; return $dbh;
}
$$ language plperlu;

Customize as you see fit. YMMV

--

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Din Adrian
Сообщение: Re: Help on Procedure running external function
От: "Grant Morgan"
Сообщение: left joins