Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Neil Conway wrote:
>> I agree the current parser is a hack, but it's difficult to see how
>> else it could be implemented.
>
> Since the lexical structure of SQL/PSM seems to be about the same as the
> main SQL, maybe you could get away with having the main parser just
> accepting any tokens at the point where the function body belongs and
> make it count BEGIN's and END's or whatever nesting elements there
> might be.

Which then would require that SPI gets another interface added that
allows to feed in a token sequence instead of a query string.

After thinking more about what I wrote yesterday I noticed that we would
lose the potential for query plan recompilation after system cache
invalidation if we do not keep the queries inside of a PL function in
some sort of source code (lexer tokens still are).

Jan