Re: ETL optimization

От Bricklen Anderson
Тема Re: ETL optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Bricklen Anderson wrote:
>

>>iii. UNIQUE constraint on table "t1". This didn't seem to perform too
>>badly with fewer rows (preliminary tests), but as you'd expect, on error
>>the whole transaction would roll back. Is it possible to skip a row if
>>it causes an error, as opposed to aborting the transaction altogether?
>

> You don't need to roll back the whole transaction if you use savepoints or
> the exception features in pl/pgsql
>
> Take a look at this example:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-UPSERT-EXAMPLE

Hmmm... forgot about savepoints. That's an interesting idea that I'll have to
check out. I earlier mentioned that I was going to test the delete + insert
version, and it works pretty well. I got it down to about 3 minutes using that
method. I'll test the savepoint and the exception version that you listed as well.

Thanks!

--

От: "Merlin Moncure"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] How two perform TPC-H test on postgresql-8.0.2
От: Jean-Max Reymond
Сообщение: perl garbage collector