Re: Win32 users?

От Joe
Тема Re: Win32 users?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andreas wrote:

 > On the other hand I'd guess, that people who NEED that detailed handholding
would not bother to install a full blown SQL server or at least would prefer to
play with PGAdmin3.

I'm sorry but I disagree.  Stating that you need to may need to add the bin
directory to your path, is what I consider essential documentation, not detailed
handholding (as opposed to the detailed Windows instructions you provided earlier).

 >>   This again may indicate the tech-savvy expected of PostgreSQL users.
 >

 > Well, yes ...   ;)

Isn't PostgreSQL trying to break beyond its traditional user base?  Or do
Pervasive, SRA, etc., provide their own documentation, geared more to users who
may be, say, more "business oriented"?

Joe