Web application development on Win32, deployment on Linux

От Joe Abbate
Тема Web application development on Win32, deployment on Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I currently maintain a website which is deployed on LAMP, but it is developed on
Windows (WAMP?).  I'm considering moving both to use PostgreSQL.  I'm curious as
to whether others are following a similar development/deployment model and if
so, what pitfalls/gotchas they have found.  For example, I refresh production
tables on a weekly basis from the development database.  Linux MySQL is
case-sensitive about table names but Windows isn't, so I have to modify table
names like 'whatsnew' on Windows to 'WhatsNew' before I can run the reload
script on Linux.  I'm also interested in any replication experience in such a
scenario since the current export/modify/import process is done manually, in
particular the determination of which tables changed from week to week.

Another concern about the move to Postgres is that the website's current Search
capability is based on MySQL's full-text search functionality [SELECT ... WHERE
MATCH (...) AGAINST (... IN BOOLEAN MODE)] .  PostgreSQL doesn't appear to have
something resembling that.  I'm curious as to third-party solutions or
development plans.

Joe