Re: Win32 users?

От Joe
Тема Re: Win32 users?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe <svn@freedomcircle.net> writes:
>
>>I see there's a pgsql-cygwin list and a pgsql-hackers-win32 list, but
>>no pgsql-win32 list.  I browsed through the pgsql-novice and
>>pgsql-general archives and only saw a few Windows-related posts.
>>Which of those two lists is most appropriate for asking newbie-type
>>questions about the Windows port, e.g., PATH settings and
>>installation?
>
> I would suggest pgsql-cygwin if you are using a cygwin-based Postgres
> (7.4 or below) but pgsql-hackers-win32 if you are using the new native
> Windows port (8.0 and up).

Hi Tom,

I guess I wasn't clear enough.  Currently, I'm about to use the native Win32
port.  I suspect pgsql-hackers-win32 subscribers won't appreciate newbie-type
questions.  Specifically, I installed 8.0.3 with the installer.  Then I opened a
command prompt window, typed 'createdb mydb' as per the tutorial (section 1.3)
and got 'unrecognized internal or external command'.  I presume I need to add
the Postgres bin directory to my PATH, but I couldn't find a reference to this
in the manual or in the native Windows FAQ.  Bruce Momjiam thought that the
pginstaller took care of this already, so I'm going to reinstall (and pay
attention this time :-), but if someone can point me to the instructions I'd
appreciate it.

Joe