Re: Propogating conditions into a query

От Kim Bisgaard
Тема Re: Propogating conditions into a query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Kim Bisgaard <kib+pg@dmi.dk> writes:
>

>>The reason the first query is not performing is because the query
>>optimizer does not push the conditions down into the sub-queries - right??
>>

>Well, it's not the same condition: the WHERE clause is constraining
>the output variable of the FULL JOIN, which is logically and
>implementationally distinct from either input table's variable.
>I suppose it is arguable that we could transform the WHERE clause into
>constraints on the input variables --- but we'd have to think carefully
>about the conditions under which such a transformation is valid.
>Offhand it seems like it might work for strict non-volatile constraint
>expressions that refer only to output variables of the JOIN; if they
>refer to other tables too then I'm not sure.

I am shure you know what you are talking about - I am just showing
another case where I think the above transformations are worthwhile
(pushing my problem :-)  )

>This is by no means a "bug fix", but if I have time over the next week
>I'll see whether it is feasible to write for 8.1.

Hey thanks a lot - tell me if there is anything I can do (beer next time
in Copenhagen, work, ......)

Best regards,
Kim.
--
Computer Department                  Phone: +45 3915 7562 (direct)
Danish Meteorological Institute      Fax: +45 3915 7460 (division)

От: Joe
Сообщение: Win32 users?
От: Frank Rittinger
Сообщение: problem calling psql from another program