Re: Vacuum advice

От David Mitchell
Тема Re: Vacuum advice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Tom,

> If you *are* using 8.0 then we need to look closer.

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I am using PG 8.0. Also, although this
is a 'mass insert', it's only kind of mass. While there are millions of
rows, they are inserted in blocks of 500 (with a commit in between).

We're thinking we might set up vacuum_cost_limit to around 100 and put
vacuum_cost_delay at 100 and then just run vacuumdb in a cron job every
15 minutes or so, does this sound silly?

--
David Mitchell
Software Engineer