Re: renumber id's in correct order (compact id's)

От peter pilsl
Тема Re: renumber id's in correct order (compact id's)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

>>thnx a lot. But it does not work as expected cause the update-statement
>>ist not commiting for the whole table during the execution. So the
>>resulting order can be different from the original order, which is what
>>I try to avoid.
>

> Well, that's because you're typing the query wrong. Because you said:
>
> where t2.id <= voev_content.id
>
> It's going to order them by the id (which you didn't show in your query
> which is why it's not obvious). If you want to order by rank you should
> do (your query search-replace id for rank):

;) thnx a lot. While I was reading the manuals to reveal the secrets of
transaction-levels in update-operations I simply missed the obvious: a
typo when moving the command from my test-table to the real-world-table.

Thnx a lot for your help. Now everything is working perfekt.
peter

Сообщение: Re: 8.03 postgres install error
Сообщение: Re: 8.03 postgres install error