Re: prepareCall hangs

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: prepareCall hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Akhil Srinivasan wrote:

>         CallableStatement proc = con.prepareCall("{ ? = call
> \"insAccount\" ( ? ) }");
>
>         proc.registerOutParameter(1, Types.OTHER);
>         proc.setString(2,userName);
>         this.registerCallableStatementForCancel(proc);
>         logger.debug("registerCallableStatementForCancel(): exit"+userName);
> /* another thread will call statement.cancel() if timeout exceeded*/
>         proc.execute();
>         this.unregisterCallableStatementForCancel(proc);
>         logger.debug("unregisterCallableStatementForCancel():
> exit"+userName);
>         ResultSet rset = (ResultSet)proc.getObject(1);
>

> Occasionally the prepareCall just hangs, as logging statements show that
> it does not enter the execute().

I find this unlikely as prepareCall doesn't do any I/O or thread-related
work. It could be getting stuck in a loop, but it seems odd that it
would only happen intermittently. More likely seems to be that you have
a problem in registerCallableStatementForCancel.

Can you add more logging immediately before calling
registerCallableStatementForCancel() to eliminate that possibility?

Alternatively, can you get a thread dump (on Linux/Solaris, send a
SIGQUIT to the Java process) when it hangs? That'd show us exactly where
things have stopped.

-O