Re: Utility database (Was: RE: Autovacuum in the backend)

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Utility database (Was: RE: Autovacuum in the backend)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>>> In phpPgAdmin the default db to connect to can be specified
>>> per-server in the config file.  It defaults to template1.  It
>>> actually is not relevant at all which db it is, so long as they can
>>> connect to it.
>>

>> I wonder how many users actually change that value for php/pgadmin or
>> simply leave it default. Observing myself, <10 % I'd guess.
>

> Only people who ever change it are those whose dba's have disallowed
> connections to template1.

Probably, though the create db issue is a good reason not to use template1.

So may I propose to have a pg_system database created by initdb, as a
copy from template1 in 8.1?

Regards,
Andreas

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend