Re: pgavd status

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: pgavd status
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Douglas McNaught wrote:

>"Brandon Metcalf" <bmetcalf@nortel.com> writes:
>

>>I've been looking at the auto vacuum daemon pgavd and it looks like
>>there hasn't been any development activity in a while.  Does anyone
>>know that status of pgavd?
>>
>>Also, I'd be interested in hearing how well it works and if there are
>>any plans to include this daemon in the pgsql distribution.
>>

>You obviously just joined this list, as there's been extensive
>discussion of that very issue over the last few days.  :)
>
>Take a look at the recent archives (and those for -hackers as well)
>but the upshot is that there is definitely a push to get AV integrated
>into the backend for 8.1.

There has been extensive conversation in the last few days, however I
think Brandon is referencing pgavd which is a project on gborg, which
was an autovacuum implementation started by someone else that never took
off.  This is totally separate from pg_autovacuum that is in contrib.

In my opinion that project is dead and could be removed.