Re: pg_dumpall

От rod@cgvec.ie
Тема Re: pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 16 Jun 2005 at 11:36, Zlatko Matic wrote:

> Ok. but I have a problem. When i double-click, a black window appears,
> prompting for password. But I can't input anything! Cursor is just
> blinking. I'm typing and nothing apears. If I click enter, pg_dumpall
> just closes... Postgres 8.02 is installed on Windows XP...

Don't double-click on the application....open a console window first by
going to Start -> All programs -> Accessiories -> Command prompt,
then run it by typing (and substituing as necessary for the bits in <...>):

  c:\<path to installation>\bin\pg_dumpall <options>

I'd recommend including the option -U <Postgres user> which makes
the connection as that user - otherwise it tries to connect as the
Windows user under which you're current logged into the machine,
and if there is no corresponding user in Postgres the connection will
fail.

--Ray.