Re: [RFC: bug fix?] Connection attempt block forever when the synchronous standby is not running

От MauMau
Тема Re: [RFC: bug fix?] Connection attempt block forever when the synchronous standby is not running
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> problem, the user might not realize he's got one until he starts to wonder
> why autovac/autoanalyze aren't working.

In autovacuum.c, autovacuum workers avoid waiting for the standby by doing:
/* * Force synchronous replication off to allow regular maintenance even if * we are waiting for standbys to connect.
Thisis important to ensure we * aren't blocked from performing anti-wraparound tasks. */if (synchronous_commit >
SYNCHRONOUS_COMMIT_LOCAL_FLUSH)SetConfigOption("synchronous_commit", "local",     PGC_SUSET, PGC_S_OVERRIDE);

Regards
MauMau

Сообщение: Re: [RFC: bug fix?] Connection attempt block forever when the synchronous standby is not running
Сообщение: Re: [RFC: bug fix?] Connection attempt block forever when the synchronous standby is not running