Re: Deadlock Problem

От Gavin Love
Тема Re: Deadlock Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> If the deadlocks occur because different transactions actually try to
> update the same rows concurrently, then this is an appropriate solution.
>
> However I wonder if Gavin is getting bitten by foreign key deadlocks.
> Is there any foreign key reference from the stats table to other tables?

Tom,

There are no foreign key references to or from this table as the updates
to it consume a large % of the overall DB activity so I kept everything
to a minimum.

I think Csaba has spotted the real problem but given that changing the
order is not that easy and these stats are not mission critical I may
just live with the odd deadlock. At least I understand why this is
happening now.

Thanks,

Gavin