Re: [GENERAL] pg_dumpall not working?

От David Siebert
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_dumpall not working?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Richard Huxton wrote:
> David Siebert wrote:
>
>> Okay I have version 8.0.2 installed on CentOS 4.0 with all updates.
>> I SSH into the server and try and run pg_dump all and get a stream of
>> errors on the server screen but not on my ssh.
>> Any suggestions?
>

> Um - post some of the errors?
>
> There are some very clever people on these lists, but none of them
> psychic afaik ;-)

Getting the errors is very difficult or I would have posted them. The
server does not have a mail client set up yet and the errors only show
on the servers screen not on the SSH screen.
The problem turned out to be SELinux.
There seems to be a policy that blocks pg_dumpall from working no matter
what user I am logged in as.
For now since it is a test system behind a firewall I will just turn off
SELinux until I can take the time to learn that part of Linux.

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] mirroring oracle database in pgsql
От: Yann Michel
Сообщение: Re: User Quota Implementation