Re: [GENERAL] Permission denied for language pltclu

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Permission denied for language pltclu
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dinesh Pandey wrote:
> Hi Richard/ Michael
>
> Thanks for your great help.
>
> I got the problem.
>
> Actually, I was not getting the cause of this problem, because it was
> working properly at our end.
>
> Actually this problem occurs when the function is being created by the user
> who has not created the current database.
>
> Solution: The database must be created by the user who is creating the pltcl
> function? Right

Not quite. Read the chapter on users I mentioned in the manuals. Then,
try a "SELECT * FROM pg_user" and look at the "usesuper" column. Then,
try "ALTER USER username CREATEUSER" and "ALTER USER username
NOCREATEUSER" - see how these affect pg_user.

In short, a "superuser" is a user who can create other users.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: