Re: how do you set foriegn keys in pgaccess?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: how do you set foriegn keys in pgaccess?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
jeremy ` wrote:
> I am a bit of a newbie to postgres, but I managed to install 8.0.4 on my
> windows box and it mostly appears to be working fine;
> I can set a primary key constraint, but when i try to set the foreign
> key it requires a 'reference' - but there is nothing there to chose from.
>
> I also have another query:
> How do you export the database tables and relationships etc? I found a
> pg_dump command in help and I am guessing this I what i need but where
> do I enter this command in pgaccess?
>
> Also how do you input existing SQL script into postgres?

Well, pg_dump and psql are command-line tools that are very flexible
parts of your toolkit. They are described quite extensively in the
manuals, and these should have been installed as HTML on your system.

Also - are you sure you're using pgaccess and not pgadmin - both are
graphical tools for PG, but I though pgadmin was installed by default on
Windows.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd