Re: 8.x driver with EJB CMP

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: 8.x driver with EJB CMP
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Sunil.Vishnubhotla@gwinnettcounty.com wrote:

> The same code works like a charm when I revert back to 7.4x JDBC driver with PGSql 8.x. Could it be the way the 8.x
driversare implemented?

Yes, the 8.x drivers changed to make full use of the V3 protocol, which
involves pushing parameter substitution to the backend. Previous drivers
did textual substitution into the query, which had slightly different
behaviour but limited what could be done in the way of streaming large
parameter values and preserving query plans between executions.

-O