Re: Rule

От Keith Worthington
Тема Re: Rule
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
>>>David wrote:
>>>
>>>What I want to do is setup some kind of rule so that whenever a s_data
>>>field is updated, that the time_stamp gets update to the current time/date.
>>
>> Normally you want to do that with a before trigger rather than a rule.
>
> Ok, I have no knowledge of Tiggers except what I just read in the docs
> section. Look like I need to make a procudure then call it with a trigger.
>
> Is there a better location for Tigger/Procudure Examples. The trigger
> seems fairly, however I got lost in the procudure part.
>
> David

David,

Here is a trigger function that I wrote for storing audit information.
Whether or not a query provides the user and/or timestamp this procedure
sets them.  Naturally you will need to modify them for your data model.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION interface.tf_audit_data()  RETURNS "trigger" AS
$BODY$   BEGIN
--    Set the user name.      SELECT * FROM session_user INTO NEW.audit_user;
--    Set the timestamp.      NEW.audit_timestamp := ('now'::text)::timestamp(6) with time zone;
--    Send the modified record down the pipe.      RETURN NEW;   END;
$BODY$  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
ALTER FUNCTION interface.tf_audit_data() OWNER TO postgres;
GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION interface.tf_audit_data() TO postgres;
GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION interface.tf_audit_data() TO public;

CREATE TRIGGER tgr_audit_data  BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE  ON sales_order.tbl_line_item  FOR EACH ROW  EXECUTE PROCEDURE
interface.tf_audit_data();

--
Kind Regards,
Keith