Re: Backup Compatibility between minor versions.

От Howard Cole
Тема Re: Backup Compatibility between minor versions.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
There appears to be a problem with pgadminIII where the option to
disable triggers does not actually do anything! If I switch to the
pg_dump command line then the disable triggers works. Unfortunately I
still cannot restore a database backed up from a linux machine running
8.0.1 to an windows machine running 8.0.3.

My problem seems to be:

1. I use a archive backup, which contains tsearch2 tables causes
conflict with existing tsearch2 tables created from template1.

or...

2. I use plain backup and restore to a blank database created from
template0 - and the restore fails because it can't find tsearch2 types.

My head hurts.

I shall try to manually hack the plain backup file to remove references
to the tsearch2 tables.

Will all of these problems disappear if I upgrade the linux machine to
8.0.3?

Howard.
www.selestial.com