Re: ResultSet.getObject return type for smallint

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: ResultSet.getObject return type for smallint
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kevin Grittner wrote:

> According to Appendix B of the JDBC spec, ResultSet.getObject should use
> the mapping shown in table B-3 to determine the object class returned.
>  Table B-3 shows SMALLINT mapping to Integer.  In
> postgresql-jdbc-8.0-311 a Short is returned instead, which is causing
> problems for our software.  It looks like a one-line change will fix
> this -- in the
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.internalGetObject method.

Thanks for the report. I've applied a fix for this, plus support for
various other types in the mapping table that getObject() didn't handle
at all (BOOLEAN, TINYINT, DECIMAL, LONGVARCHAR, LONGVARBINARY, CLOB,
BLOB) to CVS HEAD and the stable 8.0 branch.

-O