Re: 8.x driver with EJB CMP

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: 8.x driver with EJB CMP
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Sunil.Vishnubhotla@gwinnettcounty.com wrote:

> I am using JBoss 4.x with PosrgreSQL 8.x JDBC
> postgresql-8.0-311.jdbc3.jar. I have a CMP EJB that has a setter:
>
> void setCreationDate(java.sql.Date creationDate);
>
> When I use the setter in my ejbCreate() call:
>
> setCreationDate( new java.sql.Date( new java.util.Date().getTime() ) );
>
> it throws an SQLException : Could not create
> entity:java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: column "creation_date" is of type
> date but expression is of type character varying.
>
> What am i doing wrong ??

I guess that the JBoss CMP layer is using setString() instead of
setDate() (or setObject(..., Types.VARCHAR) not setObject(...,
Types.DATE)) to set the parameter in question. I'm not familiar with the
JBoss CMP layer, but can you configure it to use setDate() / Types.DATE?
Alternatively, change your schema to have creation_date as a text type.

-O