Re: Google's Summer of Code ...

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Google's Summer of Code ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> One concern that was raised off of this list was the steep learning
> curve to start with, to get to the point of beign able to do anything ...
>
> Do we have any 'students' that are already up to speed, enough so that
> they'd be able to accomplish something significant over a 2-3 month period?

It depends on what you mean by "up to speed," but I'm a student.

I have a project that I was previously working on (Simon Riggs called it
"Sychronized Scanning," here's a link to my first post about it:
<http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-02/msg00832.php> ).
It seemed promising, but I didn't finish it because of time.

I would be interested in the Summer of Code thing, I'm well introduced
to PostgreSQL (been user and fairly active follower since before 7.0),
and I am capable with C.

I don't know what the expectations are, but if Google is interested in
PostgreSQL, I would certainly talk with any mentors about the potential
project, and what the scope would be.

Regards,Jeff Davis