Re: WAL bypass for CTAS

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: WAL bypass for CTAS
Дата
Re: WAL bypass for CTAS  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Could we do your NOLOGGING automatically in COPY if we test to see if
> anyone else is connected to our current database?

That seems pretty fragile -- what happens if someone connects after the
COPY has started? Considering that many COPY operations can take many
minutes or hours, I don't think it is wise to make assumptions based on
the initial state of the system.

> I would _love_ to see pg_dump loads use this automatically, without
> having to add clauses to pg_dump output.

What's wrong with adding clauses to the pg_dump output?

-Neil