Re: Old problem needs solution

От Gerald D. Anderson
Тема Re: Old problem needs solution
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ok, well it looks like Richard owes Tom a lunch, or that's my best guess
anyway.  I am running Gentoo, as far as that particular patch, I'm
unsure, but if it's installed by default then yes.  So, I've pulled down
the earliest ebuild I can get which is 7.3.6.  Get it installed and go
to start it:

FATAL:  The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 7.4,
which is not compatible with this version 7.3.6.

So, the plot thickens.  Is there somewhere I can go tweak a few bytes to
make it think it's 7.3?  Also, is 7.3 going to be early enough?  This
database has been around for years, and like I said, I'm not sure when
this happened : /

Truly appreciate the help guys!