Re: [GENERAL] index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 27

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: [GENERAL] index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 27
Дата
Re: index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 27  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Список pgsql-sql
KÖPFERL Robert wrote:
> To me it seems that the definer of this table missed the concept index ...
> or the concept database
> One usually looks up data using a key, but if the whole row is the key, what
> data shall be looked up.

> So short story long: Remove data from your index.  The data column seems
> like the data to be looked up using the key
> (scan_id, host_ip, port_num, plugin_id, severity) or even less.
> Postgres is able to take several indices over distinct columns into account.
> Thus reducing the possible candidates to a hand full.
> So several indices are also an option

Actually, Dinesh didn't mention he was using this for the speed of
lookup. He'd defined the columns as being the PRIMARY KEY, presumably
because he feels they are/should be unique. Given that they are rows
from a logfile, I'm not convinced this is the case.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: