Re: a way to reset the postgres password to nothing..

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: a way to reset the postgres password to nothing..
Дата
Список pgsql-general
bruce wrote:
> hi...
>
> i've set up a postrges db, and i can get to it using a user/passwd. however,
> when i su into the postgres user, and i try to do a 'psql -U postgres' it
> prompts me for the password.. i have no idea what the password would be.. i
> created everything, and thought i had just given it a blank password...
>
> any ideas as to how i can change this, or reset the passwd to nothing...

It's possible the installation setup a password. You might want to run a
search for files called ".pgpass"

Update your pg_hba.conf to "trust" for local connections, connect as
user postgres, set your password, undo your changes to pg_hba.conf.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd