CMP Entity bean and Primary key

От Habib Seifzadeh
Тема CMP Entity bean and Primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi there,
I use NetBeans 4.1EA and J2EE RI. I have no problem with creating CMP
Entity beans using Pointbase or MySQL database server but when I want to
deploy CMP Entity bean which is mapped to a PostgreSQL table,
JCodeGenerator of Application server catches an Exception.
Unfortunately, I could find only one message that it's sender have my
problem and there was no reasonable reply to that. the message is:

> Having a strange problem with Sun studio 4 update 1 talking to postgreSQL
> 7.3. (Redhat version)
>
> Using the latest Postgres JDBC driver (both latest stable and dev
> releases)- in Sun studio I'm having problems mapping my container manager
> persitence entity beans to postgres tables.
>
> I make a database schema and entity bean from the postgres datasource
> (everything's fine at this stage) but when I try to map
> the ejb fields to tables in the postgres schema, for deployment, the
> dialogue reports "Table 'x' has no primary keys defined"
>
> I've checked my keys and indexes and I definitley have a primary key
> defined. Is there something I'm missing?
>
> I have the database in MySQL also and it works fine with Sun - but I'd
> much
> rather have a postgres backend.
>
> I've searched the web and newsgroups and can find hardly any information
> on
> this topic, your help would be very much appreciated
>

> regards
> Nuno D. Leitao

and here is some information about my databse and app:

1. the database name is habib and is in localhost.

2. the table is student and here is it's columns:
    CREATE TABLE student
    (
      id int2 NOT NULL,
      name varchar(10),
      CONSTRAINT student_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
    )
    WITH OIDS;
    ALTER TABLE student OWNER TO habib;

    of course, I checked WITHOUT OIDS, but the problem remains.

3. here is public_Module1Ejb.dbschema :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<OBJECT CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.SchemaElement"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.SchemaElement-255648917">
   <impl>
     <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.jdbcimpl.SchemaElementImpl"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.SchemaElementImpl1222210">
       <tables>
         <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.jdbcimpl.DBElementsCollection"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.DBElementsCollection7291167">
           <owner>
             <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.SchemaElementImpl1222210"/>
           </owner>
           <_elms>
             <ARRAY SIZE="1" CLASS="PRIMITIVE"
ROWCLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.TableElement">
               <ROW ROW="0">
                 <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.TableElement"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.TableElement-393801032">
                   <impl>
                     <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.jdbcimpl.TableElementImpl"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.TableElementImpl9164520">
                       <element>
                         <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.TableElement-393801032"/>
                       </element>
                       <keys>
                         <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.jdbcimpl.DBElementsCollection"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.DBElementsCollection19377347">
                           <owner>
                             <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.TableElementImpl9164520"/>
                           </owner>
                           <_elms>
                             <OBJECT/>
                           </_elms>
                           <_template>
                             <ARRAY SIZE="0" CLASS="PRIMITIVE"
ROWCLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.KeyElement">
                             </ARRAY>
                           </_template>
                         </OBJECT>
                       </keys>
                       <_name>
                         <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.DBIdentifier"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.DBIdentifier15411030">
                           <name>student</name>
                         </OBJECT>
                       </_name>
                         <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.jdbcimpl.DBElementsCollection"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.DBElementsCollection16408207">
                           <owner>
                             <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.TableElementImpl9164520"/>
                           </owner>
                           <_elms>
                             <ARRAY SIZE="1" CLASS="PRIMITIVE"
ROWCLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.IndexElement">
                               <ROW ROW="0">
                                 <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.IndexElement"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.IndexElement886714089">
                                   <impl>
                                     <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.jdbcimpl.IndexElementImpl"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.IndexElementImpl23515932">
                                       <element>
                                         <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.IndexElement886714089"/>
                                       </element>
                                       <_unique>false</_unique>
                                       <_name>
                                         <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.DBIdentifier"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.DBIdentifier20723536">
                                           <name>student_pkey</name>
                                         </OBJECT>
                                       </_name>
                                       <columns>
                                         <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.jdbcimpl.DBElementsCollection"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.DBElementsCollection8628573">
                                           <owner>
                                             <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.TableElementImpl9164520"/>
                                           </owner>
                                           <_elms>
                                             <ARRAY SIZE="1"
CLASS="PRIMITIVE" ROWCLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.ColumnElement">
                                               <ROW ROW="0">
                                                 <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.ColumnElement"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.ColumnElement2124155921">
                                                   <impl>
                                                     <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.jdbcimpl.ColumnElementImpl"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.ColumnElementImpl18430186">
                                                       <element>
                                                         <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.ColumnElement2124155921"/>
                                                       </element>

<_isNullable>false</_isNullable>
                                                       <_length>
                                                         <OBJECT
CLASS="java.lang.Integer" ID="java.lang.Integer2">
                                                           <value>2</value>
                                                         </OBJECT>
                                                       </_length>
                                                       <_name>
                                                         <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.DBIdentifier"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.DBIdentifier12879730">
                                                           <name>id</name>
                                                         </OBJECT>
                                                       </_name>
                                                       <_precision>
                                                         <OBJECT
REFERENCE="java.lang.Integer2"/>
                                                       </_precision>
                                                       <_type>5</_type>
                                                       <_scale>
                                                         <OBJECT
CLASS="java.lang.Integer" ID="java.lang.Integer0">
                                                           <value>0</value>
                                                         </OBJECT>
                                                       </_scale>
                                                     </OBJECT>
                                                   </impl>
                                                   <declaringTable>
                                                     <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.TableElement-393801032"/>
                                                   </declaringTable>
                                                 </OBJECT>
                                               </ROW>
                                             </ARRAY>
                                           </_elms>
                                           <_template>
                                             <ARRAY SIZE="0"
CLASS="PRIMITIVE" ROWCLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.ColumnElement">
                                             </ARRAY>
                                           </_template>
                                         </OBJECT>
                                       </columns>
                                       <tei>
                                         <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.TableElementImpl9164520"/>
                                       </tei>
                                     </OBJECT>
                                   </impl>
                                   <declaringTable>
                                     <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.TableElement-393801032"/>
                                   </declaringTable>
                                 </OBJECT>
                               </ROW>
                             </ARRAY>
                           </_elms>
                           <_template>
                             <ARRAY SIZE="0" CLASS="PRIMITIVE"
ROWCLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.IndexElement">
                             </ARRAY>
                           </_template>
                         </OBJECT>
                       <isTable>true</isTable>
                       <columns>
                         <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.jdbcimpl.DBElementsCollection"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.DBElementsCollection7617295">
                           <owner>
                             <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.TableElementImpl9164520"/>
                           </owner>
                           <_elms>
                             <ARRAY SIZE="2" CLASS="PRIMITIVE"
ROWCLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.ColumnElement">
                               <ROW ROW="0">
                                 <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.ColumnElement2124155921"/>
                               </ROW>
                               <ROW ROW="1">
                                 <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.ColumnElement"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.ColumnElement1204524033">
                                   <impl>
                                     <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.jdbcimpl.ColumnElementImpl"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.jdbcimpl.ColumnElementImpl9988469">
                                       <element>
                                         <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.ColumnElement1204524033"/>
                                       </element>
                                       <_isNullable>true</_isNullable>
                                       <_length>
                                         <OBJECT
CLASS="java.lang.Integer" ID="java.lang.Integer10">
                                           <value>10</value>
                                         </OBJECT>
                                       </_length>
                                       <_name>
                                         <OBJECT
CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.DBIdentifier"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.DBIdentifier3379466">
                                           <name>name</name>
                                         </OBJECT>
                                       </_name>
                                       <_precision>
                                         <OBJECT
REFERENCE="java.lang.Integer10"/>
                                       </_precision>
                                       <_type>12</_type>
                                       <_scale>
                                         <OBJECT
REFERENCE="java.lang.Integer0"/>
[...]
       </tables>
       <_name>
         <OBJECT CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.DBIdentifier"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.DBIdentifier24601638">
           <name>habib [habib on public]</name>
         </OBJECT>
       </_name>
       <_driverVersion>PostgreSQL 7.4.5 JDBC3 with SSL (build
216)</_driverVersion>
       <_catalog>
         <OBJECT CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.DBIdentifier"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.DBIdentifier22025519">
           <name>habib</name>
         </OBJECT>
       </_catalog>
       <element>
         <OBJECT
REFERENCE="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.SchemaElement-255648917"/>
       </element>
       <_databaseProductVersion>7.4.5</_databaseProductVersion>
       <_driver>org.postgresql.Driver</_driver>
       <_databaseProductName>PostgreSQL</_databaseProductName>
       <_schema>
         <OBJECT CLASS="com.sun.forte4j.modules.dbmodel.DBIdentifier"
ID="org.netbeans.modules.dbschema.DBIdentifier10417049">
           <name>public</name>
         </OBJECT>
       </_schema>
       <_url>jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/habib</_url>
       <_driverName>PostgreSQL Native Driver</_driverName>
       <_username>habib</_username>
     </OBJECT>
   </impl>
   <versionNo>2</versionNo>
</OBJECT>

4. And finally here is sun-cmp-mappings.xml :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sun-cmp-mappings PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD
Application Server 8.1 OR Mapping//EN"
"http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-cmp-mapping_1_2.dtd">
<sun-cmp-mappings>
   <sun-cmp-mapping>