Re: Unhappy about API changes in the no-fsm-for-small-rels patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unhappy about API changes in the no-fsm-for-small-rels patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> I am thinking that we should at least give it a try to move the map to
> rel cache level to see how easy or difficult it is and also let's wait
> for a day or two to see if Andres/Tom has to say anything about this
> or on the response by me above to improve the current patch.

FWIW, it's hard for me to see how moving the map to the relcache isn't
the right thing to do.  You will lose state during a relcache flush,
but that's still miles better than how often the state gets lost now.

Сообщение: Re: Race conditions with checkpointer and shutdown
Сообщение: Re: Race conditions with checkpointer and shutdown