Re: Getting pg to use index on an inherited table (8.1.1)

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Getting pg to use index on an inherited table (8.1.1)
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Hari Warrier <> writes:
> A query on foobar2 (child table) uses the index, whereas the same query
> via foobar (parent) doesn't.

A query just on foobar should be able to use the index AFAIR.  The
problem here is that you have a join, and we are not very good about
situations involving joins against inheritance sets (nor joins against
UNION ALL subqueries, which is really about the same thing).

I'm hoping to get a chance to look into improving this during the 8.2
development cycle.