Re: Preserving data after updates

От Berend Tober
Тема Re: Preserving data after updates
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>What do you get from
>
>select conname, consrc from pg_catalog.pg_constraint
>where contype = 'c' and conrelid = 'person'::regclass;

          conname          |                                                 consrc

---------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 person_e_mail_address     | public.check_pattern((e_mail_address)::character varying, 'Internet E-Mail
Address'::charactervarying)
 person_name_check         | ((last_name IS NOT NULL) OR (first_name IS NOT NULL))
 person_social_security_no | public.check_pattern(social_security_no, 'Social Security Number'::character varying)
(3 rows)

>select conname, consrc from pg_catalog.pg_constraint
>where contype = 'c' and conrelid = 'person_change_history'::regclass;

          conname          |                                              consrc

---------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 person_social_security_no | check_pattern(social_security_no, 'Social Security Number'::character varying)
 person_name_check         | ((last_name IS NOT NULL) OR (first_name IS NOT NULL))
 person_e_mail_address     | check_pattern((e_mail_address)::character varying, 'Internet E-Mail Address'::character
varying)
(3 rows)

>AFAICS from looking at the 7.3 pg_dump source, it should suppress any
>constraint on person_change_history that looks identical to one of the
>parent table's constraints in this query.

Interesting. The consrc column values differ in that the explicit schema
qualification on the function calls is missing for the descendent table.
So, you think maybe if I remove the explicit schema qualification from
the function calls in the constraint declarations on the person table
that that might fix it? Yup! That does it!

Thanks for your help.

От: CSN
Сообщение: Locale C?
От: Berend Tober
Сообщение: Re: Preserving data after updates