Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load

От: Steve Poe
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Mischa Sandberg, )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Donald Courtney, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Cosimo Streppone, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Matthew T. O'Connor", )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Thomas F. O'Connell", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Donald Courtney, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Steve Poe, )

Josh Berkus wrote:

>Anjan,
>

>>As far as disk I/O is concerned for flushing the buffers out, I am not
>>ruling out the combination of Dell PERC4 RAID card, and the RH AS 3.0
>>Update3 being a problem.
>>

>You know that Update4 is out, yes?
>Update3 is currenly throttling your I/O by about 50%.

Is that 50% just for the Dell PERC4 RAID on RH AS 3.0?  Sound like
severe context switching.

Steve Poe