Re: patches for items from TODO list

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: patches for items from TODO list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sergey Ten wrote:
> We think that putting it in the backend will make access from other
> components easier.

In what way?

It seems to me that this can be done just as easily in a client
application / library, without cluttering the backend with yet another
COPY output format. It would also avoid the need to mandate a single XML
schema -- different clients will likely have different requirements.
Since I am skeptical of the value of this feature in the first place, I
think it would do less damage if implemented outside the backend.

-Neil

Сообщение: Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Сообщение: Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)