Re: Image storage questions

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Image storage questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> Can you or anyone share your experiences with using blobs as
> opposed to bytea or storing externally?  I'm particularly
> interested to know if loading a large number of images is going
> to crowd my DB cache?

Large Objects stream (for lack of a better term) to the client in 8k?
chunks so it typically isn't too bad.

Bytea gives you everything all at once which is fine for small objects.

External storing is useful but I prefer LO because all my data (binary
and meta) is all in the same place for management.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake