Re: db sever seems to be dropping connections

От Rushabh Doshi
Тема Re: db sever seems to be dropping connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rushabh Doshi wrote:
> I'm facing an issue with PostgreSQL .. The server seems to drop the
> connection to my script after a couple of hours (sometimes, not always).
>
> DBD::Pg::db selectrow_array failed: could not receive data from server:
> :server closed the connection unexpectedly.

Do you get a better error in the postgresql logs?

--- Unfortunately there's nothing in the postgresql logs.

> And in another scenario it failed with the message:
> DBD::Pg::db selectrow_array failed: could not receive data from server:
> Connection timed out

Sounds more like a network issue. How is the script connecting to
postgres? using a socket? Through tcpip?

--- Using tcpip. I've tried to re-establish connection in my script in case
of invalid handles or network issues. But this seems to be happening quite
often