Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> What's the basis of this objection to a web-based dev management
> system?  Seems like web-based makes plenty of sense for a physically
> disparate development community like this one.

I can't speak for the people who don't like web based but my guess is
that the web is not their primary medium of communication. Email is.

> It also seems that, once you get it up and running, any worthwhile dev
> management system is going to actually take less time / effort to
> maintain than, say, maintaining manually concocted todo lists and
> coordinating development via a mailing list.

This is true or at least, this is my experience but you are not going to
convince many people of that.

> Call me a normaliser, but even if the maintenance cost is higher, I
> think it's worth it to have a centralised, authoratitive, organised
> repository for dev task data.

I agree.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting

Сообщение: Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Сообщение: Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)