Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Assembling "top features" list for betaannouncement

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Assembling "top features" list for betaannouncement
Дата
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Assembling "top features" list for betaannouncement
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 4/10/17 14:10, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 04/10/2017 09:04 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't think the libpq feature can be considered "failover".  It just
>>> picks from a list of end points on the initial connection attempt.  It
>>> does not discover connection failures and reconnect.
>>
>> Yeah, after reading Roberts blog post, I'd also agree that "failover"
>> is a bad/misleading (in the "automatic" sense) description for it.
>
> Alternate phrasing?
>
> I do want to get this in the "extended list" of features, just because
> we want driver authors to add support for it.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  If the driver is based on libpq,
they get it for free.  If the driver is not based on libpq, they have to
implement it themselves, but don't need to wait for libpq before doing so.

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Assembling "top features" list for betaannouncement
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Assembling "top features" list for beta announcement