Upgrading to 7.3.1 problem

От Vernon Wu
Тема Upgrading to 7.3.1 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
I am working on upgrading PostgreSQL from 7.2.1 to 7.3.1 on Windows. On the second installation step, I run into the
following problem.

$ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data/
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//base... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//global... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/share/postgresql/data//base/1... IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=1, num=17,
03600) failed: Function not implemented

initdb failed.

Is the package I download incomplete? Or something else?

Thanks for your helps.

Vernon