Re: Views, views, views: Summary of Arguments

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Views, views, views: Summary of Arguments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus wrote:

>Andrew,
>

>>Not really, no. It would just be one more thing that my hardening script
>>had to remove permissions from.
>>

>Hmmm ... even though the sysviews check users' permissions?  That was one of
>our ideas behind making it "safer than the system catalogs".

It might be safer, but that doesn't hit my target at all. I am aiming at
a zero-knowledge user, i.e. one who cannot discover anything at all
about the db. The idea is that even if subvert can subvert a client and
get access to the db the amount of metadata they can discover is as
close to zero as possible.

cheers

andrew