Collation problem

От Andrei Gaspar
Тема Collation problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,
I have a table TranslationDictionary in a database initalized with
lc_collation and lc_type de-de .
In the table is the value 'Straße' and I can't insert 'Strasse', but
when I try to create a foreign key on this table, the value 'Strasse' in
the foreign table is unmatched.
Is this a bug, or have I done something wrong?

\d TranslationDictionary
   Table "translationdictionary"
     Column     |      Type      | Modifiers
----------------+----------------+-----------
 ckeydictionary | character(250) | not null
 cvalue         | character(250) |
    "translationdictionary_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (ckeydictionary)

insert into tkp.TranslationDictionary (cKeyDictionary, cValue) values
('Strasse', 'Strasse');
ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint
"translationdictionary_pkey"

select * from tkp.TranslationDictionary where cKeyDictionary = 'Strasse';
 ckeydictionary | cvalue
(0 rows)

Andrei