Re: bytea encoding

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: bytea encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Jesse Eichar wrote:

> 1. Is the byte stream (or byte array) converted to bytea on the database
> side or on client before sending?  (My client is using the
> postgresql-74.213.jar).

You give the driver a byte[] (setBytes) or InputStream
(setBinaryStream); it does the rest. Old drivers such as build 213 will,
IIRC, convert this to a text representation internally before sending to
the backend; newer drivers will send the data directly without
conversion. But this is all transparent to the client.

-O

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL, WebObjects and fetchSize
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL, WebObjects and fetchSize