Re: Prefetch

От Bricklen Anderson
Тема Re: Prefetch
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>> Another trick you can use with large data sets like this when you want
>> results
>> back in seconds is to have regularly updated tables that aggregate the
>> data
>> along each column normally aggregated against the main data set.
>

>> Maybe some bright person will prove me wrong by posting some working
>> information about how to get these apparently absent features working.
>

> Most people just use simple triggers to maintain aggregate summary
> tables...
>
> Chris

However, if (insert) triggers prove to be too much of a performance hit, try
cron'd functions that perform the aggregation for you. This system works well
for us, using the pk's (sequence) for start and stop points.

--

Сообщение: Re: Optimizer wrongly picks Nested Loop Left Join
Сообщение: Re: Optimizer wrongly picks Nested Loop Left Join