Re: Re: plperl and sqrt.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: plperl and sqrt.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Travis Bauer <trbauer@indiana.edu> writes:
> ... sqrt is disables because you can use it to produce
> floating point exceptions which would call $SIG{??}.

That seems a little silly, unless they also lock out *all* floating
point ops plus integer division (what about divide by zero?).

> I'm not sure why this is bad, but it seems that this would violate the
> comparment somehow.

Offhand I think this is not reasonable or necessary for Postgres' use.
I'd support adding base_math to our standard mask.

> Anyway, it would be nice to have a commandline switch for the
> Makefile.PL script which would allow people to customize the
> operation mask that plperl.so uses.

Submit a patch (and more importantly, documentation patches so that
people will know about this issue).