Re: [PERFORM] "Hash index" vs. "b-tree index" (PostgreSQL

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: [PERFORM] "Hash index" vs. "b-tree index" (PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Is there a TODO anywhere in this discussion?  If so, please let me know.

There are a couple:

- consider changing hash indexes to keep the entries in a hash bucket
sorted, to allow a binary search rather than a linear scan

- consider changing hash indexes to store each key's hash value in
addition to or instead of the key value.

You should probably include a pointer to this discussion as well.

(I'd like to take a look at implementing these if I get a chance.)

-Neil

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] "Hash index" vs. "b-tree index" (PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] "Hash index" vs. "b-tree index" (PostgreSQL