Re: Delphi - Developers start develop Access components

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Delphi - Developers start develop Access components
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The issues mentioned with Zeos have been fixed, the 6.x branch works very well now and it much faster
thant the 5.x versions.
I use cursors all the time in my functions and return a refcursor which I then fetch.
The latest version of PostgresDAC from microolap also works good, I tried there 1.x stuff but it was designed for PG
7.2
and had no support at all for schemas.

Zeos does seem to be going no where.

I for one would not object to starting something new that just targeted Postgresql and worked with all features
i.e. like canceling a query and asynchronous queries.
The best bet would to just fork Zeos and pull out what is needed, no need to start totally from scratch.

Does anyone have experience writing Tdataset decendents?

The .net driver does work well, but ADO.net does not support always connected sessions, it works in a offline mode
exactly
like tclientdataset.

Even with these small problems I still would never do a GUI database app with C# or Java when I can do it much faster
and
easier with Delphi.

--
Tony Caduto