Re: pg_ctl bug or feature?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pg_ctl bug or feature?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jonel Rienton wrote:
> you know what does work, if you issue the pg_ctl stop with /usr/local/
> pgsql/data2 as the argument for -D
>
> pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data2 stop

Yes that does work as it should. However as Tom Lane pointed out the
problem is that pg_ctl can't parse the postgresql.conf so if you use the
/usr/local/pgsql/etc it doesn't work for stop.

I have no idea why it works for start though.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> odd tho.
>

> On May 6, 2005, at 3:36 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>> Jonel Rienton wrote:

>>> your data directory points to /usr/local/pgsql/data2 and you've
>>> started it with -D /usr/local/pgsql/etc
>>> might be something to look at
>>>

>> In version 8 you can specify the location of the data_directory  with
>> the data_directory option in the postgresql.conf file. The
>> postgresql.conf is located in /usr/local/pgsql/etc.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Jsohua D. Drake
>> --
>> Your PostgreSQL solutions company - Command Prompt, Inc.  1.800.492.2240
>> PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Programming, 24x7 support
>> Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting
>> Co-Authors: plPHP, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/

>> TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>>
>>               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting

Сообщение: Re: inherit with foreign key reference
Сообщение: Re: inherit with foreign key reference