Re: Adventures in Quest for GUI RAD

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Adventures in Quest for GUI RAD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Programmers Paradise has delphi in their catalogs...

If you call borland and tell them you want to do a competive upgrade for the old VB  you are using
they will let you buy the upgrade to Delphi 2005 PRO.  You have to ask.

Like I said before you get what you pay for and all this time you have been fooling around you could have just bought
Delphi.
All the time you spent researching is actually costing someone money.

Not sure what you mean by this

> And several years ago, I had some experiences
> with people using Delphi, and their database server that make me not so
> enthusiastic to get involved... but I did want to give credit to Tony
> that his arguments for using Delphi are convincing, if it were readily
> available. And I do thank him for all his time and efforts to advise me.

Delphi has been superior to VB,Access etc since 1995 when version 1 came out.  Version 1 had features that MS has only
recently included in .net

I am just giving you good advice, I have been a developer for a long time and have used VB, C++, Assembly, Access etc
and
when I say Delphi is the best tool for creating win32 database apps, I mean it.
If Access or C# was better I would for sure be using it.

Also I have had good luck with Microolap, I use their postgresdac components, and guess what? That MySQL RAD thing they
sell
is created with.....yep you guessed it Delphi.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design