Re: Postgres vs Firebird?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Postgres vs Firebird?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mohan, Ross wrote:
> while we're on "scalability", any thoughts on needs/plans for 64-bit PG?

You mean beyond the fact that we have supported 64-bit for a couple of
years?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

(somewherebetween 8 and 12 is where things start to drop off suddenly) while for firebird, handling >1 CPU is a
relativelyrecent development.

> I'd say try them both, benchmark them, and see what you think.  But keep in mind that you really need to use a 4+ CPU
machineto get a feel for the scalability of both in a large server environment.